The Cali Cartel was one of the most powerful and influential drug trafficking organizations in the world. They were based in the city of Cali, Colombia and were responsible for smuggling huge amounts of cocaine into the United States. The cartel was founded by brothers Gilberto and Miguel Rodriguez Orejuela in the 1970s.
The Cali Cartel was notorious for their violence and their use of sophisticated methods to avoid detection. They were also known for their connections to corrupt politicians and law enforcement officials.
The Cali Cartel was finally dismantled in the 1990s by a joint effort of the Colombian and American governments. However, their legacy continues to this day.
Here are some of the best books about the Cali Cartel:
1. “The Godfather of Cocaine” by Alan Feuer
2. “The Kings of Cocaine” by Guy Gugliotta and Jeff Leen
3. “Cocaine Cowboys” by T.J. English
4. “Smuggler’s Blues” by Patrick Radden Keefe
5. “The Cartel” by Don Winslow