There are so many different amazing books about crossdressing, it’s hard to know where to start! But here are ten of the best, most informative, and most inspiring books about crossdressing, perfect for anyone who wants to learn more about the topic.
1. Crossdressing, Sex, and Gender by Virginia Prince – This book is considered the bible of crossdressing, and is perfect for anyone who wants to learn more about the history, psychology, and sociology of crossdressing.
2. My Husband Betty by Helen Boyd – Boyd’s memoir is a fascinating look at her marriage to a crossdresser, and the challenges and joys that come with it.
3. Female Impersonators by Holly Woodlawn – Woodlawn’s memoir chronicles her life as a legendary drag queen in the 1960s and ’70s, and is a must-read for anyone interested in drag culture.
4. Conquering Venus by Madeline Lane-McKinley – This book is a helpful guide for crossdressers who want to learn how to pass as women, with advice on everything from clothes and makeup to voice and body language.
5. Crossdresser Society by Lawrence Schimel – This book is a great resource for anyone who wants to learn more about the crossdressing community, with interviews and essays from a variety of crossdressers and those who love them.
6. Becoming a Visible Man by Jamison Green – Green’s memoir chronicles his journey from female-to-male transgenderism, and is an inspiring and powerful read for anyone considering a similar transition.
7. The Crossdresser’s Handbook by Peggy J. Rudd – This helpful book covers everything a crossdresser needs to know, from clothes and makeup to etiquette and passing as a woman.
8. The Transgender Child by Stephanie A. Brill and Rachel Pepper – This book is a must-read for anyone parenting a transgender child, with advice on everything from coming out to transitioning to dealing with the challenges and joys that come with raising a transgender child.
9. The Tranny Guide by Olivia Jameson – This book is a fun and informative guide to all things transgender, perfect for anyone who wants to learn more about the topic.
10. Transamerica by Duncan Roy – This film is a heartwarming and funny look at a man’s journey from male-to-female transgenderism, and is a must-see for anyone interested in the transgender experience.