When our children leave home, it can be a bittersweet time for us as parents. We may feel proud and accomplished, but also a little bit sad and empty. If you’re looking for some books to help you through this transition, here are some of the best books about empty nesting:
1. The Empty Nest: How to Survive and Thrive When Your Kids Leave Home by Jill Smolowe. This book offers advice and support for parents as they adjust to their new lives without children at home.
2. The Empty Nester’s Guide to Life after Kids by Lisa Johnson. This book is full of tips and advice for empty nesters on how to make the most of this new chapter in their lives.
3. Empty Nest Syndrome: A Survival Guide for Parents by Dr. Robert A. Neimeyer. This book helps parents understand and cope with the feelings of loss and sadness that can come with an empty nest.
4. The Empty Nest: A Novel by Elizabeth Berg. This novel tells the story of a mother who is struggling to adjust to her empty nest and how she finds comfort and friendship in unexpected places.
5. How to Survive an Empty Nest: A Parent’s Guide to Happiness After the Kids Leave Home by Dr. Susan Newman. This book offers advice and support for parents who are struggling with the transition to an empty nest.
These are just a few of the many great books about empty nesting. If you’re looking for support and advice during this time, these books can be a great resource.