Oscar Romero was a Catholic bishop who was assassinated in 1980 while celebrating Mass. He was a vocal opponent of the Salvadoran government’s oppression of its people. His story is one of courage and faith in the face of adversity.
Here are some of the best books about Oscar Romero:
1. Romero: A Life by James Brockman
2. Oscar Romero: Reflections on His Life and Writings by Jon Sobrino
3. Romero: Love Must Win Out by Juan Luis Segundo
4. The Violence of Love: The Pastoral Wisdom of Oscar Romero by Jon Sobrino
5. Blessed Oscar Romero: A Voice for the Voiceless by Maria Ruiz Scaperlanda
These books offer a glimpse into the life and times of a man who stood up for what he believed in, even in the face of death. They are a reminder that love and compassion can change the world.