When it comes to parenting teenagers, there are a lot of different books out there that can offer helpful advice. But which ones are the best? Here are five of the best books about parenting teenagers that you should check out:
1. The Teenage Brain: A Parent’s Guide to Surviving and Thriving During Your Child’s Adolescent Years by Frances E. Jensen with Amy Ellis Nutt
If you want to better understand what’s going on inside your teenager’s brain, this is the book for you. Jensen is a neuroscientist and she provides insights into the changes that take place during adolescence and how they can impact your child’s behavior.
2. Teenage: The Creation of Youth Culture by Jon Savage
This book takes a look at the history of teenage culture, starting in the 1950s. It’s a fascinating read that will give you some perspective on the challenges that today’s teenagers face.
3. Untangled: Guiding Teenage Girls Through the Seven Transitions into Adulthood by Lisa Damour
Damour offers parents a road map for helping their daughters navigate the seven key transitions into adulthood. She provides practical advice and real-life examples to help parents support their daughters through these years.
4. The Connected Parent: How to Raise a Good Kid in the Digital Age by Jennifer Powell
In this day and age, it’s important for parents to understand the role that technology plays in their teenager’s life. Powell offers advice on how to create a healthy balance between screen time and real-world interactions.
5. How to Raise an Adult: Break Free of the Overparenting Trap and Prepare Your Kid for Success by Julie Lythcott-Haims
Lythcott-Haims offers parents a different perspective on parenting teenagers. She encourages parents to step back and let their kids take more responsibility for their own lives. This is a great book for parents who want to promote independence in their teenagers.