Rodney Alcala is one of the most prolific serial killers in American history, and there are a number of books that have been written about him. Here are some of the best:
1. “The Dating Game Killer: The True Story of a TV Serial Killer” by Stella Stolper
This book tells the story of how Alcala managed to lure his victims by appearing on the popular dating show “The Dating Game” in the 1970s. Stolper interviews some of Alcala’s surviving victims and gives a detailed account of his crimes.
2. ” Evil Genius: The True Story of America’s Most Diabolical Bank Heist” by Bryan Burrough
This book chronicles the “Tylenol murders” that occurred in the early 1980s, in which seven people were killed after taking capsules that had been laced with poison. Alcala was one of the prime suspects in the case, but was never charged.
3. ” Rodney Alcala: The Killing Game” by Clifford L. Linedecker
This book is a detailed account of Alcala’s crimes, written by a true crime author who has written about some of the most famous serial killers in history.
4. “The Serial Killer Files: The Who, What, Where, How, and Why of the World’s Most Terrifying Murderers” by Harold Schechter
This book is a comprehensive look at some of the most famous serial killers in history, including Alcala. Schechter looks at what motivated them to kill and how they managed to evade capture for so long.
5. ” I’ll Be Watching You: A Novel” by Alexandra Sokoloff
This novel is a fictionalized account of Alcala’s crimes, told from the perspective of one of his victims. Sokoloff does a great job of giving readers a glimpse into the mind of a serial killer.