If you’re looking for some great books about self harm, then look no further! Here are five of the best books about self harm that I’ve come across:
1. “Cutting: Understanding and Overcoming Self-Mutilation” by Steven Levenkron
This book is a great resource for understanding self-mutilation and overcoming the urge to harm oneself. Levenkron takes an empathetic and non-judgmental approach, making this book an invaluable read for anyone struggling with self-harm.
2. “The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma” by Bessel van der Kolk
This book is a must-read for anyone interested in understanding the link between trauma and self-harm. van der Kolk is a leading expert in the field of trauma and his book offers a comprehensive and insightful look at the way trauma can manifest in self-destructive behaviors.
3. “Self-Harm: The Path to Recovery” by Eliza Timpson
This book is a great choice for anyone who is ready to start the journey of recovery from self-harm. Timpson offers a compassionate and realistic view of what it takes to heal, making this book an inspiring and supportive read.
4. “The Harm Reduction Guide to Self-Harm” by Michael Cornett
This book is an excellent resource for anyone who wants to learn more about harm reduction approaches to self-harm. Cornett offers a detailed and practical guide to harm reduction strategies, making this book an essential read for anyone interested in this approach.
5. “Healing the Hurt Child: A Parent’s Guide to Helping Children Heal from Sexual Abuse” by Carolyn Cunningham
This book is an important read for any parent whose child is struggling with self-harm as a result of sexual abuse. Cunningham offers a compassionate and insightful look at what it takes to help a child heal from this type of trauma.