Arguing is a part of life. It’s how we express our differences and learn to resolve them. And it’s not just for adults. Kids need to learn how to argue, too.
The best way to teach kids about arguing is through books. Here are some of our favorites:
1. The Berenstain Bears and the Prize Pumpkin: This classic story is about two bears who can’t agree on who should get the prize pumpkin. They argue and argue until they finally come to a compromise.
2. The Cat in the Hat Comes Back: In this story, the Cat in the Hat returns and causes all sorts of trouble. But when he and the kids start arguing, they realize that it’s more fun to get along.
3. Go, Dog. Go!: This is a fun story about a group of dogs who are all trying to go to the park. But they keep getting stopped by a series of arguments. In the end, they all learn to work together and they all make it to the park.
4. The Lion and the Mouse: This is a classic fable about a lion and a mouse who argue over who is the stronger one. They end up working together to escape from a trap.
5. The Sandwich Swap: This is a story about two girls who have different ideas about what makes a good sandwich. They argue and argue until they finally trade sandwiches and realize that they both like the other person’s sandwich better.
These are just a few of our favorite children’s books about arguing. What are some of yours?