Leap year only comes around once every four years, so it’s a special occasion when it does! And what better way to celebrate than by reading some great books about leap year? Here are some of our favorites:
1. “A Date with Destiny” by Amy Krouse Rosenthal – This fun and interactive book lets kids follow along as a character experiences all the wacky things that can happen on February 29th.
2. “Leap Day” by David A. Adler – A great book for younger kids, “Leap Day” follows a boy as he learns about the history and tradition of leap year.
3. “Leap Year Wishes” by Kari-Lynn Winters – In this charming story, a young girl makes a wish on leap day and gets more than she bargained for.
4. “One Extra Day” by Margaret McNamara – This touching story is about a boy who gets an extra day with his deceased father thanks to leap year.
5. “The Mystery of the Leap Year Birthday” by George E. Stanley – This fun mystery follows a group of friends as they try to solve the case of a missing leap year baby.
Do you have a favorite book about leap year? Let us know in the comments!