When it comes to finding the best children’s books about principals, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, the age of your child. Younger children will likely enjoy books with more illustrations, while older children can handle more text. Second, what type of principal do you want your child to read about? There are books about male and female principals, as well as those of different races and cultures. And lastly, what message do you want your child to take away from the book? With all of that in mind, here are ten of the best children’s books about principals.
1. If You Were a Principal, by Steven Kroll – This book is perfect for younger children, as it is full of illustrations and is a short read. It follows a young boy who imagines what it would be like to be a principal, from greeting students in the morning to leading school assemblies.
2. Mrs. Smith is a Principal, by Dori Chaconas – This is a great book for young girls who are interested in becoming a principal one day. It follows Mrs. Smith as she goes about her day, from meeting with teachers to dealing with a disruptive student.
3. Mrs. Brown is a Principal, by Barbara A. Huff – Another great book for young girls, this one follows Mrs. Brown as she tries to deal with a number of different challenges, from a broken water fountain to a student who refuses to do his homework.
4. The Principal’s New Clothes, by Stephanie Calmenson – This is a classic tale that has been adapted for a younger audience. In the story, a vain principal is tricked by two students into thinking he is wearing a fabulous new outfit, when really he is wearing nothing at all.
5. The Principal’s Dog, by Lois Lowry – This is a heartwarming story about a principal who adopts a dog from the pound and names him Scholastic. The dog then proceeds to help the principal in a number of different ways, from deterring bullies to finding a lost child.
6. The Principal from the Black Lagoon, by Mike Thaler – This is a hilarious book about a new principal who, to the students’ horror, seems to be just like the monster from the Black Lagoon. But as they get to know him better, they realize he’s not so bad after all.
7. The Berenstain Bears and the Principal’s Pigeon, by Stan and Jan Berenstain – In this classic Berenstain Bears book, Brother and Sister Bear get themselves into trouble when they try to help a pigeon that the principal has deemed a nuisance.
8. The Girl Who Helped Her School principal, by Lila Perl – This is a inspiring story about a young girl who comes up with a plan to help her principal when he is having trouble with his job.
9. The Principal’s Trophy, by Arlene Erlbach – This is a motivating story about a principal who sets out to win a trophy for his school. Along the way, he learns some valuable lessons about sportsmanship and teamwork.
10. The Best Principal in the World, by Eve Bunting – This is a feel-good story about a principal who goes above and beyond for his students. When the school is in danger of being closed down, he does everything he can to save it.