South America is a continent full of wonder and mystery, and there are plenty of great children’s books that capture its spirit. Here are some of the best:
1. The Magic Tree House series by Mary Pope Osborne is a great way to introduce kids to different parts of the world, and South America is no exception. In “Adventure in the Amazon,” Jack and Annie travel to the rainforest and learn about the animals and plants that live there.
2. Another great series for kids is the National Geographic Kids books. These books are full of information and beautiful photos, and they’re perfect for kids who want to learn more about the world around them. In “South America: The Land and Its People,” kids can learn all about the continent, from its history to its culture.
3. For a more light-hearted look at South America, try “The Incredibles: Escape from the Amazon” by Disney. This book is based on the popular movie, and it follows the family of super heroes as they try to escape from the perils of the Amazon.
4. Older kids might enjoy “The Lost City of Z” by David Grann. This true story follows the explorer Percy Fawcett, who disappeared while searching for a lost city in the Amazon.
5. And finally, no list of children’s books about South America would be complete without “The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian” by Sherman Alexie. This National Book Award winner tells the story of Junior, a Spokane Indian who attends an all-white school on the reservation.
There are so many great children’s books about South America, and these are just a few of the best. With these books, kids can learn about the continent’s history, culture, and wildlife, and they can even have a few adventures of their own.